Find your Event
CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY TAX REFRESHER
|Registration||Course starts||Coffee||Course ends|
£110+VAT. (click here for information on the Flexiticket discount scheme - fees as low as £61.67+VAT per place).
The aim of this course is to give delegates a detailed understanding of the current CIS tax rules and administration requirements. The full practical impact of tax and CIS will be considered.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
All accountants in practice and industry and other professional advisers who are involved in the taxation aspects of the construction industry, particularly in tax dealings with contractors and subcontractors.
- The CIS tax responsibilities of both the contractor and subcontractor under the current CIS regime
- The 2021 changes to the construction industry tax regime
- Verification and the steps contractors have to take
- The dealings the contractor will have with HMRC
- The monthly CIS return: its completion and filing
- The CIS tax impact on the subcontractor
- How to reclaim CIS deductions under the new regime
- Is the subcontractor really self-employed?
- Current problems facing contractors and subcontractors
- What really are construction operations
- Who are within the scheme and who are not
- Case studies
- The new CIS VAT domestic reverse charge
- The interaction of IR35 with the construction industry
- VAT areas relating to construction
- Practical CIS planning
- General overview