Find your Event
SRA ACCOUNTS RULES UPDATE: THE NEW RULES AND THE WORK OF THE REPORTING ACCOUNTANT
|Registration||Course starts||Coffee||Course ends|
£110+VAT. (click here for information on the Flexiticket discount scheme - fees as low as £61.67+VAT per place).
To provide delegates with an update on the new accounts rules and the latest guidance from the SRA and the ICAEW covering these rules and the work of the reporting accountant.
The new accounts rules are effective from 25 November 2019. This will have implications for the work done by and reporting to the SRA by Reporting Accountants for all year ends that fall after that date.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
All partners and staff who have a reasonable knowledge of the rules and need to ensure they are confident of recognising the risk areas and reporting appropriately.
The session will cover:
The new rules including:
- Dealing with receipts and payments and transferring money for the firm’s charges;
- ‘Opting out’;
- Tricky areas;
- Guidance from the SRA.
How the reporting Accountant's role has and will continue to develop including:
- Terms of engagement and expectations;
- Impact of other areas of the SRA handbook on the accountant’s work;
- The most up to date guidance from the ICAEW and the SRA regarding;
- Risk areas
- Serious breaches/reportable issues
- Feedback on the latest reports.