Find your Event
PENSIONS ACCOUNTING, AUDIT AND REGULATORY UPDATE
|Registration||Course starts||Coffee||Course ends|
£105+VAT. (click here for information on the Flexiticket discount scheme - fees as low as £50.83+VAT per place).
The preparation and audit of pension scheme accounts has been challenging for firms in recent years, mainly as a result of the new SORP, which came into effect from accounting periods beginning on or after 1 January 2015. This seminar will explain all the rules and how they apply.
The seminar will also reflect on the challenges faced by firms when auditing pension schemes and how they can successfully comply with the Clarity ISAs, whilst still maximising audit efficiency.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Partners, managers and staff in accounting firms who prepare and audit pension scheme financial statements.
- New UK GAAP – key changes for pension schemes and how these have been addressed
- Drafting revised disclosure notes – important tips and traps
- Accounting and audit rules for small pension schemes – the need for an audit and for compliance with the SORP
- 10 top tips for an efficient pension scheme audit
- Reliance on service organisations when auditing pension schemes – key tips and traps
- Reporting on contributions – what goes wrong and when to qualify the audit report
- The Pensions Regulator – recent Codes of Practice and other topical issues