Find your Event
ACCOUNTING FOR AND AUDITING ACADEMY SCHOOLS
|Registration||Course starts||Coffee||Course ends|
£105+VAT. (click here for information on the Flexiticket discount scheme - fees as low as £58.33+VAT per place).
This seminar will act as a refresher and an update on producing and auditing financial statements for Academy Schools. The latest Academies Accounts Direction and Financial Handbook will be explored in depth.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
General practitioners who prepare and audit financial statements for Academy Schools.
Topical financial reporting issues will be covered in detail, with real Academy financial statements used throughout as a point of reference. The audit part of the session will focus on balancing efficiency and effectiveness when conducting the true and fair and regularity audits required by the ESFA. Specific topics covered will be:
- The latest Academies Accounting Direction - key changes and their impact
- Subjective areas of accounting for Academies - and how to get them right
- 2019 Updates on the Academies Financial Handbook
- The impact of the FRS 102 'triennial review'
- ESFA feedback for Academies and their auditors - examples of good and poor practice
- Academy accounts 'hot topics' - what they are and how to address them