Find your Event
SRA ACCOUNTS RULES: AN UPDATE ON THE RULES AND ONGOING IMPACT FOR THE REPORTING ACCOUNTANT
|Registration||Course starts||Coffee||Course ends|
£105+VAT. (click here for information on the Flexiticket discount scheme - fees as low as £58.33+VAT per place).
To provide delegates with the most up to date guidance covering the rules and the work of the reporting accountant.
At the time of drafting it appears that the new rules are likely to come into effect in early 2019. Accountants and their law firm clients will need to be prepared. Systems, controls and procedures will need to be reviewed to ensure firms are prepared for implementation.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
All partners and staff who have a reasonable knowledge of the rules and need to ensure they are confident of recognising the risk areas and reporting appropriately.
The session will include a review of:
The new rules
- What are the implications for law firms?
- What are the implications for Reporting Accountants on
- Carrying out their work
- Reporting to the SRA
How the reporting Accountant's role has developed and what we can learn from;
- Feedback on the latest reports
- The most up to date guidance from the ICAEW and the SRA regarding risks and looking at where the Accountants can refine their approach, such as:
- Any gaps in the accountants’ work?
- Any further areas where the accountants can be more efficient?
- Is the level and nature of reporting ‘about right’?
- Case studies and examples