Find your Event
ANTI-MONEY LAUNDERING AND FRAUD UPDATE
|Registration||Course starts||Coffee||Course ends|
£105+VAT. (click here for information on the Flexiticket discount scheme - fees as low as £58.33+VAT per place).
In the summer of 2017, HM Treasury published new Money Laundering Regulations, effective for regulated businesses from 26 June 2017. The Consultative Committee of Accountancy Bodies (CCAB) also issued complementary guidance. This course will explain the impact of the new regulations and guidance in detail and provide a practical insight into how to apply them.
The course will also provide an insight into common money laundering and fraud offences that affect SMEs and how to spot them. We will also provide regulator feedback on where firms often go wrong when applying the regulations in practice.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Partners, managers and staff in accounting firms who want an update and refresher on AML compliance and an insight into the causes of fraud in private companies and how to prevent and detect it.
- The new Money Laundering Regulations - what they are and how they affect practitioners
- Recently published sector guidance and how to apply it in practice
- The new 'risks management practices' - what they are and what firms need to do to comply
- Different types of fraud that affect accountants and their clients and how to stop them happening
- Update on cybercrime and GDPR - what it is and what it means for firms and their clients in practice
- New rules on beneficial owners, officers and managers (BOOMS)
- What the new Criminal Finance Act means for accountants and when it applies