Find your Event
COMPANIES ACT UPDATE
|Registration||Course starts||Coffee||Course ends|
£105+VAT. (click here for information on the Flexiticket discount scheme - fees as low as £58.33+VAT per place).
The course is designed to keep accountants and auditors up to date with changes to the Companies Act 2006 and other relevant legislation.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The course is for all accountants involved in preparing and auditing company accounts and other aspects of company administration.
In recent years there have been significant changes to the Companies Act 2006. First, the Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Act has meant some significant changes at Companies House. Then, the Companies Act 2006 has been radically amended in terms of the form and content of company accounts – particularly small and micro companies. This course looks at the more recent changes that have taken place and the practical ways that accountants can help companies comply. In particular the course will cover:
- New guidance on distributable profits
- The register of persons with significant control (PSC registers)
- Confirmation statements
- Appointment of directors
- Changes to share capital
- Company communications
- Changes regarding company names
- The electronic filing of company accounts
- Practical problems applying the new accounts form and content requirements under the revised Act for small companies
- The content of strategic reports
- Tips to avoid accounts being rejected
- A refresher on other Companies Act issues and other topical areas