Find your Event
PENSIONS ACCOUNTING, AUDIT AND REGULATORY UPDATE
|Registration||Course starts||Coffee||Course ends|
£105+VAT. (click here for information on the Flexiticket discount scheme - fees as low as £58.33+VAT per place).
The pension scheme SORP continues to present challenges for accountants and auditors. This update will address all the common accounting and disclosure problem areas and how they should be tackled in practice.
The seminar will also reflect on the challenges faced by firms when auditing pension schemes and how they can successfully comply with the Clarity ISAs, whilst still maximising audit efficiency. In addition, we will update delegates on all recent regulatory changes and important pronouncements from the Pensions Regulator and the Pensions Research Accountants Group (PRAG).
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Partners, managers and staff in accounting firms who prepare and audit pension scheme financial statements.
- Which pension schemes do and don’t need audited accounts
- The Pensions SORP – key changes and how these have been addressed
- Drafting disclosure notes – what good looks like for smaller pension schemes
- 10 top tips for an efficient pension scheme audit
- Reliance on service organisations when auditing pension schemes – key tips and traps
- Reporting on contributions – what goes wrong and when to qualify the audit report
- SORP and Audit Practice note revisions in the pipeline
- The Pensions Regulator – recent Codes of Practice and other topical issues