Find your Event
EMPLOYMENT AND BUSINESS LAW UPDATE
|Registration||Course starts||Coffee||Course ends|
£105+VAT. (click here for information on the Flexiticket discount scheme - fees as low as £58.33+VAT per place)
The course provides a good overview of a number of areas of law, concentrating on the topics likely to be most useful to you in your day to day dealings with clients and staff. Given the current state of uncertainty surrounding our exit from the EU and the shape of our future government, it is difficult to be very specific about some aspects of the content. Therefore, what is laid out below is for guidance only; not all topics will be covered and some may be subject to modification. Broadly the course will attempt to cover the legal issues that accountants who assist SMEs are likely to deal with or be asked about in the course of their normal work.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Employers and professionals providing advice to small companies and directors of SMEs.
- Employment status, including
- Gig economy cases, including Pimlico Plumbers
- IR35 –extension to the private sector
- Looking at self-employment generally
- Payroll developments
- Holiday pay and implications of King v Sash Windows
- Minimum wage developments, including sleep-ins
- Unlawful Discrimination
- Disability discrimination in the last 12 months
- Recent case law on workplace stress
- Redundancy and Unfair Dismissal
- The last 12 months in the tribunals, including notice formalities, procedural guidance
- Developments in directors’ duties
- Death of sole director/shareholder – points to note
- Shareholders, minority protection, articles
- Recent developments including Grant Thornton and assumption of responsibilty
Purchase and Sale of a Business
- Restrictive covenants granted by the seller - key principles
- TUPE – update on recent cases
- GDPR, what have we learned?
- New corporate offenses - how are they bedding in?
- What is new in money laundering?