Find your Event
CYBERCRIME IN THE 21ST CENTURY – WHAT ACCOUNTANTS NEED TO KNOW!
|Registration||Course starts||Coffee||Course ends|
£105+VAT. (click here for information on the Flexiticket discount scheme - fees as low as £58.33+VAT per place).
Every year one in four small businesses becomes a victim of fraud and recent research identified 44% of European organisations have reported some form of fraud and 93% of large businesses have experienced a cyber-breach. In fact, according to recent research carried out by Juniper Research the cost of cybercrime on global business could reach as much as $2.1 trillion by 2019.
Today criminals will target any business regardless of size by exploiting weaknesses both internal and external.
Understanding the weaknesses in your organisation is the best way to protect your business against fraud and cyber risk allowing you the opportunity to implement effective controls mechanisms before it’s too late.
What will I get out of it?
- Understand the current threats of cybercrime
- Identify how cybercrime could affect your organisation
- Protect your organisation from cybercrime with effective preventative techniques
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Cyber threats to your business and you
- Examining the type of cyber-attacks (phishing and malware)
- Exposure of free public WiFi
- Hacktivism – what we need to know
- Introduction to the ‘darknet’
- Social engineering - impact on the victim
- Mitigating the risk
- IT Governance including the 10 Steps