Find your Event
ANTI-MONEY LAUNDERING AND FRAUD REFRESHER
|Registration||Course starts||Coffee||Course ends|
£110+VAT. (click here for information on the Flexiticket discount scheme - fees as low as £61.67+VAT per place).
In 2017, HM Treasury published new Money Laundering Regulations, effective for regulated businesses from 26 June 2017. This course will provide an insight into common issues that firms face when applying the regulations. It will also highlight a range of fraud and money laundering issues faced by SMEs and how firms should tackle these under the SARs regime.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Partners, managers and staff in accounting firms who want an update and refresher on AML compliance and an insight into the causes of fraud in private companies and how to prevent and detect it.
- The new Money Laundering Regulations - what they are and how they affect practitioners
- Recently published sector guidance and how to apply it in practice
- The new 'risks management practices' - what they are and what firms need to do to comply
- Different types of fraud that affect accountants and their clients and how to stop them happening
- Reporting money laundering offences to the NCA – key do’s and don’ts
- Update on cybercrime and GDPR – what it is and what it means for firms and their clients in practice
- The Criminal Finances Act – what it means for accountants and how to comply
- AML regulation - the future direction of travel