Find your Event
EMPLOYMENT AND BUSINESS LAW UPDATE - Live Online Course.
|Registration||Course starts||Coffee||Course ends|
£110+VAT. (click here for information on the Flexiticket discount scheme - fees as low as £61.67+VAT per place)
The course provides a good overview of a number of areas of law, concentrating on the topics likely to be most useful to you in your day to day dealings with clients and staff. Given the current state of uncertainty surrounding our exit from the EU and the shape of our future government, it is difficult to be very specific about some aspects of the content. Therefore, what is laid out below is for guidance only; not all topics will be covered and some may be subject to modification. Broadly the course will attempt to cover the legal issues that accountants who assist SMEs are likely to deal with or be asked about in the course of their normal work.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Employers and professionals providing advice to small companies and directors of SMEs.
- Employment status, including
- Recent Gig economy cases
- IR35 – extension to the private sector, consultation, current proposals and planning ahead
- Self-employment generally
- Payroll developments
- Minimum wage, including sleep ins and personal liability of directors for non-payment, as well as TUPE transfers
- Working time – dealing with holidays
- Disability discrimination – key principles from the last year
- Confidentiality, restrictive covenants, NDAs
- Directors' duties – implications of Tinkler, when does duty to creditors kick in where company is ailing?
- Personal liability for directors – beware - some important recent cases
- The problem with dividends
- Minority protection – the shareholders’ agreement
- Companies House reform
Other Business Law
- The pitfalls of the general partnership
- Recent developments in professional negligence, in particular AssetCo plc v Grant Thornton
- GDPR – where are we now?
This course will be available live online. You will be emailed the link to join two days before the course date.