Find your Event
THE ELECTION, THE BUDGET, THE CONSEQUENCES ***COURSE CANCELLED***
THIS COURSE HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO GOVERNMENT ADVICE ON MASS GATHERINGS. APOLOGIES FOR THE SHORT NOTICE.
|Registration||Course starts||Coffee||Course ends|
£110+VAT. (Click here for information on the Flexiticket discount scheme - fees as low as £61.67+VAT per place)
This course will look to examine the detail of the fiscal direction of this Government. We have had the Election and now Brexit – so the fiscal policy of the Government for the rest of the Parliament is likely to be outlined in the Budget on 11 March.
From the Election manifesto, we have a good idea that headline rates of tax are to be frozen whilst Government Expenditure will rise. This gives any Chancellor a challenge and Sajid Javid will be no exception – he will have a massive challenge to raise taxes where he can help meet the manifesto promises without raising more debt than absolutely necessary.
The course will outline his proposals and review the other areas of change as a result of Brexit.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Partners and Staff who need to understand the detail of tax changes and their consequences arising out of the Election, Brexit and the Budget.
Whilst the detail will come from the Budget (and, we hope by the time of the course, the resultant Finance Bill) we can expect changes to include:
- The “oven ready” parts of the draft Finance Bill – which are likely to include the proposals on PPR which HMRC expect to reintroduce at this Budget
- The initial ramifications arising from Brexit
- What will the review on entrepreneurs’ relief promised in the Election Manifesto look like and should we be doing any planning?
- Changes to IHT coming from the OTS proposals which would change estate planning fundamentally
- Changes to the Pensions rules like increasing the income limit to £150,000
- What will happen on IR35 (the betting is that a delay will only happen if industry can prove it is completely unprepared!)
- The loan charge and further developments
- The Nation Minimum Wage Announcements and their consequences
- And – what do they want to do with progressing MTD…..
Solent Hotel & Spa