Find your Event
SESCA BITES: PRACTICAL GUIDE TO TERMINATION AND REDUNDANCY - Live Online Course.
|Registration||Course starts||Course ends|
£30+VAT for each individual SESCA Bites 1 ¼ hour course. Or £75+VAT for 3 SESCA Bites courses.
To obtain the discount it is not necessary for the same delegate to attend 3 SESCA Bites courses, but the booking must be from one organisation.
Spring SESCA Bites courses are:
Current Audit Season – Changes and Challenges (March)
A Practical Guide to Termination and Redundancy (April)
What Every Adviser Should Know About Trusts (May)
Click here to download the SESCA Bites leaflet
This 1 ¼ hour course is designed to cover the tax and national insurance issues that can arise in the process of terminating employment or making employees redundant. It will be particularly relevant when the current coronavirus job retention scheme comes to an end and businesses find they can no longer maintain their current staffing levels. Many of our clients will look to us first, as their accountants, for guidance.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This short course is aimed at general practitioners advising clients or as employers and employees overseeing or running payroll and advising clients on termination and redundancies.
- Notice periods
- Calculating notice pay – what elements of pay must be included
- Holiday entitlement on termination
- Correct tax and NIC treatment of pay in lieu of notice and termination payments
- Redundancy process – including selecting employees, notifying employees and the importance of seeking professional advice
- Update on statutory redundancy rates
- Enhanced redundancy payments
- Other relevant topics may be added
This course will be available live online. You will be emailed the link to join two days before the course date.